Gorilla Safari Uganda
Track mighty mountain gorillas on our Gorilla Safari Uganda tour. This exclusive, private guided safari takes you to the magical Bwindi Impenetrable Forest in East Africa.
Explore mist-covered mountain slopes in search of enchanted moments spend watching the intricate interaction of families of mountain gorilla. Encounter these fascinating primates in the heart of the World Heritage Site known as the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
Track the groups of mountain gorilla that live protected by this dense network of vines and shrubs, rewarded by exhilarating moments as you get to view their complex social structure at work. Traverse dense thickets and bamboo forests that extend over a series of steep ridges and marvel at the ecological uniqueness and natural beauty of this secluded mountain haven.
Not suitable for children.
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary
- Meals inclusions as per itinerary
- Scheduled light aircraft flights:
- Entebbe Airport / Kihihi Airstrip / Entebbe Airport
- Road Transfers between:
- Entebbe Airport / Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort and Spa / Entebbe Airport
- Kihihi Airstrip / Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp / Kihihi Airstrip
- Park and concession fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- International flights and applicable airport departure taxes
- Meals not specified (including lunch and other meal stops between properties on overland sectors)
- Drinks where not stipulated in itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Gratuities for guide/driver/hotel staff
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel/medical insurance
- Gorilla Tracking Permits are not included in the rate. Costs for the Gorilla trekking permits:
- USD 600 (August , September, October and December 2016) per person per Gorilla permit.
- USD 450 (November 2016) per person per Gorilla permit.
- Rates subject to a minimum of 2 guests travelling
- Gorilla Tracking Permits are not included in the rate
- Gorilla Trekking subject to availability of permits at time of booking – payment of permit price may be required to secure permit
- A strict luggage restriction of 15kgs per person in total, including hand luggage and camera equipment, applies to all light aircraft flights. It is important that you carry soft-sided or “barrel” bags, as hard-sided suitcases cannot be fitted into the small holds of light aircraft.
- Kindly note that all inter-camp flights are subject to multiple pick-ups and drop offs en route to your destination which could affect the flying time.
- Massages at additional cost
- Single supplement only refers to the single room supplement. Single traveller supplement will be quoted on request
- There is a minimum age limit for gorilla tracking which is strictly 15 years.
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
Uganda Wildlife Authority is responsible for issuing out gorilla permits. You are encouraged to book in advance so as to avoid disappointment. A gorilla permit costs USD 600 per person per trek (subject to change).
We look forward to welcoming you on our Gorilla Safari Uganda tour.