GOKYO LAKE TREK
With its alluring side glens, turquoise lakes, the country’s biggest glacier and an arc of snow mountains, the Gokyo valley is the most attractive region in the Khumbu. The Gokyo Lake Trek is an exceptional trek to the Gokyo valleythrough forests filled, numerous suspension bridges, scenic ridges with shrines on top, charming little hamlets, the alpine valleys and glacial moraines. The views of the five Emerald Lakes together in the shadow of the majestic mountain peaks in the Gokyo Valley are the main highlight of the Trek. The trek offers the fabulous view of the wonderful ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung located in Khumbu region. This is an ultimate trek for seeking exclusive adventure and scenic grandeur.
Departure/Return Location: Kathmandu International Airport/Tribhuvan International Airport
Duration: 13 Nights
Accommodation: Tea House/Guest House
- Airport pick-up and drop off service,
- Trekking Guide and Trekking porter(Two participant 1 porter, Porter carry 25 Kg )
- Accommodation during the trekking
- hotel in Kathmandu
- Sleeping bags, down jackets, duffel bags and trekking sticks (if required)
- Trekking permit of National park,
- TIMS(Trekking Information Management System )
- Round trip flight fare for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Insurance and equipment for the trekking staffs
- First aid kit
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu with cultural program in typical Traditional Nepali restaurant
- Personal expenses, foods
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, extra accommodation in Kathmandu
- Single supplementary (per person accommodation USD 50) Per night
- During the trekking single supplementary is USD 100
- Travel insurance
- Tips for guide and porter
- Extra Meals & hotel accommodation in Kathmandu other than mentioned in Itinerary
Gokyo Lake trek is one of the two popular routes in Everest region. The objective of the Gokyo Lakes trek is to reach Gokyo Lakes, one of the highest freshwater lake systems in the world as well as enjoy 360 degree panorama of world’s tallest peaks including Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu and Lhotse.
The journey starts with a scenic Himalayan flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. The trek from Lukla to Namche follows the Dudhkosi River passing through rhododendron and pine forests. The following day you will visit Thyangboche Monastery and enjoy the majestic view of Ama Dablam. The route ahead rapidly gains altitude as you pass through villages of Dole (4110m) and Macchermo (4470m).
You will be able to visit a few of the Gokyo Lakes such as Gokyo Cho, Thonak Cho, Gyazumpa Cho, Tanjung Cho all lying between the altitudes of 4700 to 5000m. At 4750m, Gokyo Village is regarded as one of the highest Himalayan settlements. Climb the rocky Gokyo Ri (5357m) and you will be rewarded with breathtaking, 360 degree panorama of the four 8000m peaks, namely Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu along with other peaks. Just east of the Gokyo Lake is Ngozumpa Glacier, claimed as the world’s largest glacier, which remains the source of Gokyo Lakes.
After reaching Gokyo Ri, you will retrace the steps back to Namche and then to Lukla. Gokyo Lake Trek offers you the opportunity to walk through Sagarmath National Park, a world heritage site, and enjoy unique culture and hospitality of Sherpa people. The best seasons for Gokyo Lakes trek is either during Spring or Autumn.